What a great experience visiting Dr. Kupetz's (Dr. Scott) dental office.Denise Marinaccio 11/01/2019
He is a very personable, positive, and kind doctor. His work is perfection! I have had, fillings, root canals and veneers. I do receive many compliments in reference to my smile. Thanks Dr. Scott!
His office is warm and inviting and just love the support staff. I couldn't ask for a better dentist or office to have all my dental needs met.
I had been in so much pain and of course it was Sunday and everyone was closed, great! I Google searched dentists open on Sunday and called Dr Kupetz answering service. Thr woman paged him and he had gotten back to me within minutes! Score #1! Also important to mention I have never been here before and was not referred so he had no idea who I was! He was at a seminar and came back up to the area as soon as possible on the chance that I may need a root canal, really? Score #2. Now I hate going to the dentist it always hurts even though they say "don't worry about it, it'll kick in soon and you won't feel a thing" as they're already inside my mouth drilling away, such liars I always feel everything! Not with Dr Kupetz tho, he was great, I didn't feel a thing! Score #3. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting the staff since it was an emergency procedure but how could such an amazing, kind and genuine Dr/person have a less than stellar staff to work with. I would definitely recommend Dr Kupetz!!Irene Salib 11/01/2019
Dr. Kupetz is an absolute amazing dentist and the service is phenomenal. Every employee there especially Dr. Kupetz himself are so nice and so good at their jobs. He did a great job on one of my fillings and if anyone has a cavity and is need of a filling Dr. Scott Kupetz in Wappingers Falls, New York is the place to go!Andrew McKeown 11/01/2019
Dr Kupetz and his staff are so wonderful and kind. Everyone was so understanding and accommodating of my phobia. The sedation was perfect, I remember almost nothing and anything I do recall was positive. I now have a healthy smile again and I’m actually less scared of keeping up with regular cleanings now. So happy I found this office!TheBunny 11/01/2019
Finding a good dentist you like and can trust has been difficult for me and I was lucky enough find Dr. Scott recently. His staff is wonderful! They are all friendly, extremely professional and very thorough when explaining the treatment plan. I’ve already recommended him to several friends!Holly Mckeown 11/01/2019
My family have been going to Dr. Scott For over 20 years. My wife has needed extensive work. He has always been extremely patient and expert in taking care of us. My wife;s teeth are now excellent. He is a perfectionist (so don't always expect a quick visit if that is all you want) and will send back items to the lab if he does not think the color is right. We have never had any adverse reactions to any of the work he has done including root canals. If necessary he will make special hours to take care of a problem. Donna, the Dental Hygienist is amazing, and Dawn, the office manager is great at arranging appointments totally knowledgeable about insurance. In total, they treat us like family.Sheldon Cohen 11/01/2019
Dentist In Mount Kisco
Afraid of the Dentist? How to Put Your Worries at Ease
For more than 20 years, Dr Scott Kupetz and his team have been making his patients in the Dutchess County, NY area smile with their high-quality dental services and their caring approach to dentistry. From checkups to teeth whitening, and from dental implants to teeth straightening with Invisalign, no matter what type of dental service you require, Dr Scott Kupetz will give you a smile that you will be proud to show off. His practice is a certified sedation dentistry facility, too! Find out for yourself why so many people entrust their oral health to Dr Scott Kupetz and his incredible team.
It’s no secret that your dental health is extremely important to your overall health and well-being. But, despite the fact that you know how crucial regular dental checkups are, like millions of Americans, you might be putting off taking care of your teeth because the very thought of sitting in a dentist’s chair and having your teeth examined and cleaned makes you tremble with fear.
Dental phobia is a real thing, and it’s pretty common. In fact, it’s estimated that as many as 15% of Americans don’t get the dental care they need because they are afraid of the dentist.
Don’t let your fear of the dentist jeopardize your health! There are ways that you can overcome your phobia, and below, we’ll share some tips that can help to put your mind at ease so you can get the dental care you need.
Overcoming Your Fear of the Dentist
The best way to overcome anything that you’re afraid of is by actually facing it; but, that’s easier said than done when your fears nearly cripple you. If the idea of going to the dentist makes you feel panicked, take comfort in knowing that there are ways that you can ease your worries. Here are a few tips that can help:
- Find a reputable dentist. First, it’s important to make sure that you find a highly reputable dentist; one who has ample experience and a solid reputation. Do some research: ask people you know if they can recommend a practice; research and read reviews. Don’t be afraid to ask prospective dentists about their process and the services they offer; for example, you might want to consider a practice that offers sedation dentistry, a service that can help to make your exams less worrisome and more comfortable.
- Let your fears be known. Once you find a practice that you feel comfortable with, come right out and let them know about your dental phobia. Consider making an appointment to specifically discuss your fears before you have an exam. A reputable dentist will be happy to speak to you and discuss options that may help you feel less afraid. A tour of the facility before your actual examination and a thorough explanation of what your exam will actually entail can do wonders for setting your mind at ease. If the practice offers sedation dentistry, find out if it is an option that may be an option for you. With sedation dentistry, you would be sleeping throughout your appointment, and by the time you wake up, your teeth will be cleaned and cared for, and you’ll have avoided all of your anxiety.
- Bring music. Believe it or not, something as simple as listening to music during your appointment can make you feel a lot calmer. Prior to your exam, put together a collection of your favorite songs. When you sit in the chair, pop on your headphones and press play. Not only can music be incredibly calming, but it can also help to dull the sound of any noises that might make you feel anxious. Plus, when you’re listening to tunes, you’ll focus less on what’s happening in your mouth and more on the lyrics, rhythms, and beats of your favorite songs.
- Don’t rush it. Taking things slowly can also help to make you feel more at ease. For instance, before your appointment, ask if you can have a few minutes to get comfortable in the chair and find out if your hygienist and doctor will be willing to fully explain everything that’s going to happen before it actually happens. Taking your time and knowing what to expect may make you feel a lot more comfortable.
Put Your Dental Phobia to Rest with Scott Kupetz, DMD
Putting off going to the dentist because you’re afraid isn’t the solution to dental phobia; doing so will only make matters worse in the long run. Dr Kupetz, DMD can help to put your fears at ease! He and his highly trained and experienced staff will ensure you are as comfortable as possible throughout your entire appointment. As a certified sedation dentistry facility, board-certified anesthesiologists are available, too. To learn more about their services or to schedule an appointment, call 845-372-5975 today!
- Learn more about Mount Kisco, NY 10549
- Open a Mount Kisco, NY map
- Find the Mount Kisco, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Mount Kisco, NY pharmacies
- View the current Mount Kisco, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Mount Kisco, NY public and private schools
- Mount Kisco, NY is located in Westchester county in New York State